Mod Vintage Life
inspired room
Show and Tell
Powered by Blogger.
Centsational Girl
The Graphics Fairy

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Witch Way?

So I wanted my porch to look a little spooky, without it getting too out of hand. So I decided I'd make it look like a hotel for witches to a certain degree. I had a lot of fun and thought I'd share with you how it turned out.


The Front Porch
 
I found the giant stick when I was out taking a walk with my husband. I just knew it would look perfect poised over the doorway. I added a lot of black birds to its branches, and draped some Spanish moss from them. I found a little sign at Dollar Tree that says "Witches Way deadly desserts" that I hung on the right side of the door. My "inn" had to have a restaurant I thought, besides just serving spells and potions.

I knew my "inn" needed a bigger sign than this small one, but I wanted to use it since it was the starting point for it all. So, I crossed two brooms together to make more of a statement.
*I felt so proud of my myself when I went to Harry Potter at Universal this weekend, because they did something similar!



Witchy Plantings
 
I went to my local nursery and found some dark plants that I thought would look perfect in a witch's garden. I looked for the darkest purples and reds I could find, along with some silvery ones for effect. Then I crafted these signs and used cheap forks from the dollar store as plant stakes. I thought the forks worked well since this is supposed to be for poisonous concoctions and all! (Plus, the cauldron is just a foot away!)


See more, and the finished product after the jump!








Notice the iron snail below? It holds a tea light at night so it glows! There's also a thrift-store aluminum pitcher holding some black roses and twigs. (And this is my 40lb pumpkin!)




Won't you come in and sit a spell?
 
The cauldron in the background looked empty, well, empty, so I filled it with Saran wrap and bubble wrap. It turned out way better than I thought it would and actually looks like it's a bubbling brew! 



I'm linking to these fabulous parties who are so generous to have them:




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





Chic on a Shoestring Decorating















5 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Super FANGtastic!!!! Anything having to do with Halloween fills my heart all a flutter!!

My Halloween Mantel photos are now published if you'd dare to drop over when time allows.

Sawdust Girl said...

Oh my goodness, that tree branch arching over your front door is so cool!
Thanks for linking up.

~Sandra
sawdustandpaperscraps.com

Kathy said...

I absolutely love this !! wow it looks so wonderful

Anonymous said...

What a fun and unique idea! I LOVE the huge branch with all of the crows sitting on it. Thank you so much for linking up!

- Megan

Anonymous said...

I just featured your project! :) http://www.polishthestars.com/2010/10/last-minute-halloween-inspiration.html

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates